[HEADUP] FreeBSD Gecko's TODO and plan for future

Carlos A. M. dos Santos unixmania at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 22:16:24 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 3:22 PM, Martin Wilke<miwi at freebsd.org> wrote:
> The FreeBSD Gecko Team will let you know what the plans for
> the future are and on what we are currently working.
>
> Goals:
> * Removal of mozilla, nvu, xulrunner and firefox2.
> * www/firefox35 should be moved to www/firefox.
> * The options USE_GECKO mozilla nvu xulrunner and firefox will be also removed.

Would it be possible to manage to build firefox35 without Python? I'm
attempting to build a skinny desktop environment based on Xfce and
reducing the number of dependencies of firefox  would be very
desirable.

--
My preferred quotation of Robert Louis Stevenson is "You cannot
make an omelette without breaking eggs". Not because I like the