OpenSSH 5.2p1 with GSSAPI Authentication

John Marshall john.marshall at riverwillow.com.au
Fri Aug 21 07:16:37 UTC 2009

Does *anybody* have this working?

I've been using SSH with GSSAPI authentication for a couple of years but
found it no longer worked with sshd on an FreeBSD 8.0-BETA.  FreeBSD
8.0-BETA has OpenSSH 5.2p1 included in the base system.  I have tried
installing the OpenSSH 5.2p1 port (security/openssh-portable) on FreeBSD
7.2 servers and I can't get that to work either.  sshd from the OpenSSH
5.1p1 included in the 7.n base system works fine.

The only common denominator in all of my testing has been OpenSSH 5.2p1.
The debug logging from sshd shows that the gssapi library returns an
authentication failure; but gssapi authentication for squid and ldap
work fine on the same box (both 7.2 and 8.0).

I'm stuck.  The OpenSSH folks say that nothing has changed that would
break gssapi authentication.

Does *anybody* have this working?

--
John Marshall