Migration to new SourceForge url scheme now inevitable, solution

Paul Schmehl pschmehl_lists at tx.rr.com
Thu Aug 20 15:19:30 UTC 2009

--On Wednesday, August 19, 2009 23:08:04 -0500 "Philip M. Gollucci"
<pgollucci at p6m7g8.com> wrote:

> Dmitry Marakasov wrote:
>> [1] http://people.freebsd.org/~amdmi3/sf.pl.txt
> Awesome.
>
> Rewriting this:
> my $portname = `make -VPORTNAME`;
> chomp $portname;
> my $portname_lc = lc($portname);
>
> my $portversion = `make -VPORTVERSION`;
> chomp $portversion;
>
> Like this, will help substantially by reducing make spawns by 1/2,
> you'll notice the ports tinderbox code does this too :)
>
> my @lines = lc `make -V PORTNAME -V PORTVERSION`;
> my $portname = $lines[0]; chomp $portname;
> my $portversion = $lines[1]; chomp $portversion;
>
> (untested)
>
>> [2] http://people.freebsd.org/~amdmi3/sourceforge-subdirs.txt
>> [3] http://people.freebsd.org/~amdmi3/sourceforge-subdirs-top.txt

I've been following this discussion closely since several of my ports fetch
from Sourceforge.  Is it safe to assume that some global solution will be
applied to the ports tree?  Or are we maintainers going to need to submit PRs
for affected ports once a solution is agreed upon?

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst