portmaster is not always recursive

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Wed Aug 19 11:25:25 UTC 2009

Doug Barton wrote:
> Miroslav Lachman wrote:
>
>>Doug Barton wrote:
>>
>>>Miroslav Lachman wrote:
>>
>>[...]
>>>

>>>Were these other cases also with the -r option, or were they when
>>>doing "regular" upgrades?
>>
>>It was with regular upgrade, if I remember it well, but it was some time
>>ago... I'll track it better next time (if it occurs).
>

> If it's failing on a regular upgrade I start to suspect weirdness in
> your local setup since that's a dead-simple thing that would be very
> hard for portmaster to get wrong. I'm also suspicious because I took a
> look at the code a couple times yesterday and even using -r each port
> should still be getting the full treatment, which includes upgrading
> dependencies as needed.
>
> I will however put some more time into testing it today and get back
> to you.

I will try to find some other machine with old versions of jpeg, gd, png
and try same upgrade again.

There is some more details from machine in original post:

root at ararat ~/# cat ~/.portmasterrc
# portmaster rc file
DONT_SCRUB_DISTFILES=yes
BACKUP=yes
MAKE_PACKAGE=yes
SAVE_SHARED=yes

root at ararat ~/# grep -v '^#' /etc/make.conf
NO_PORTSUPDATE=yes      # use portsnap for updating ports tree
SUP_UPDATE=     yes
SUP=            /usr/local/bin/cvsup
SUPFLAGS=       -g -L 2
SUPHOST=        cvsup.cz.FreeBSD.org
SUPFILE=        /usr/local/etc/cvsup/stable-supfile
DOCSUPFILE=     /usr/local/etc/cvsup/doc-supfile

MASTER_SITE_APACHE_HTTPD?= http://mirror.styx.cz/apache/httpd/
http://ftp.sh.cvut.cz/MIRRORS/apache/httpd/
http://mirror.styx.cz/apache/httpd/ http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/
http://www.eu.apache.org/dist/httpd/

WITH_APACHE=yes
APACHE_VERSION=22
WITHOUT_X11=yes
WITHOUT_GUI=yes
WITHOUT_CUPS=yes

MASTER_SITE_PHP= http://cz.php.net/%SUBDIR%/

.if !empty(.CURDIR:M/usr/ports*) && exists(/usr/local/libexec/portconf)
_PORTCONF!=/usr/local/libexec/portconf
.for i in ${_PORTCONF:S/|/ /g}
${i:S/%/ /g}
.endfor
.endif

PERL_VERSION=5.8.9

root at ararat ~/# grep -v '^#' /usr/local/etc/ports.conf

databases/mysql50-*: WITH_CHARSET=utf8 | WITH_XCHARSET=all |
WITH_COLLATION=utf8_czech_ci

databases/phpmyadmin: WITHOUT_PHP_DEPENDS=yes

databases/sqlite3: WITH_THREADS=yes | WITHOUT_DOCS=yes

devel/pcre: WITH_UTF8=yes

ftp/bsdftpd-ssl: CLIENT_ONLY=yes

ftp/proftpd: WITH_MYSQL=yes | WITH_OPENSSL=yes | WITH_QUOTA=yes |
WITH_README=yes

ftp/proftpd-mysql: WITH_MYSQL=yes | WITH_OPENSSL=yes | WITH_QUOTA=yes |
WITH_README=yes

java/jdk15: WITHOUT_WEB=yes

mail/postfix: POSTFIX_DEFAULT_MTA=true | WITH_PCRE=true |
WITH_SASL2=true | WITH_TLS=true | WITH_BDB=true | WITH_MYSQL=true |
WITH_VDA=true | WITH_TEST=true | BATCH=true

lang/php5: WITH_CLI=true | WITH_CGI=true | WITH_APACHE=true |
WITH_SUHOSIN=true | WITH_MULTIBYTE=true | WITH_MAILHEAD=true |
WITH_FASTCGI=true | WITH_PATHINFO=true | WITHOUT_DEBUG=true |
WITHOUT_IPV6=true | WITHOUT_REDIRECT=true | WITHOUT_DISCARD=true