[HEADSUP]: Ports freeze schedule for 8.0-RELEASE

Erwin Lansing erwin at FreeBSD.org
Mon Aug 17 14:46:27 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 11:05:30AM +0200, Erwin Lansing wrote:
> Below is the tentative schedule for the ports freeze in preparation for
> 8.0-RELEASE.  If any major delays occur in the overall release schedule,
> the dates may be postponed, but please start preparing to have your
> changed committed to the tree before August 17 to ensure they are
> included in the release.  Also, portmgr kindly asks anyone who has
> anything major lined up to already from today start mailing portmgr
> about these so we know what to expect and not be surprised by any major
> fallout that might extend the short freeze we have planned.
>
> August 17: ports tree is frozen and package build begin
> August 24: ports tree is thawed and final package builds begin
> August 31: FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE is released and ports tree is unfrozen

As many have noticed, there have been some delays in the release
schedule.  Current estimation is a delay of 4 weeks, which puts the new
expectd date of the ports freeze at September 14.

Best,
-erwin

--
Erwin Lansing                                   http://droso.org