Updating the "Mailscanner" port

Mike Jakubik mikej at rogers.com
Fri Aug 14 15:58:51 UTC 2009

On Fri, August 14, 2009 11:18 am, Kevin Kobb wrote:

> I do remember seeing these problems reported, but for the life of me, I
> can not reproduce them. I use 5.8.9 in production, and get 20 to 40
> thousand messages a day scanned without a problem. I am setting up a new
> server, and I will try 5.10 on that and see how things go.

There seems to be some kind of include problem with this version of perl
on freebsd and mailscanner. I am not sure what exact condition triggers
the issue, but enough people have complained about this. As of now I am
unable to run mailscanner on any of my systems with perl 5.8.9, which
version are you using?

http://www.mail-archive.com/freebsd-ports@freebsd.org/msg18581.html

Upgrading perl can indeed be a pain, as this problem shows, however i am
not a perl programmer and i don't know how to address this issue. Perl
5.10 seems to work great. Since no one has addressed this and Jan does not
seem to maintain this anymore, i took the initiative to update the port,
as i needed a new version. This is the latest version, which is labeled as
beta. It seems to be running just fine here, but it would be nice if more
people could test it.