SourceForge changing file distribution scheme!

Carlos A. M. dos Santos unixmania at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 15:43:57 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 12:20 PM, Dmitry Marakasov<amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've noticed that SF is changing file distribution scheme significantly,
[...]
> As you can see, the distfile now redirects to another path and also
> another mirror. As fetch doesn't follow redirects by default, this won't
> work. My idea is that in addition to [old scheme]
>
> MASTER_SITE_SOURCEFORGE+= \
>        http://${mirror}.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/%SUBDIR%/
>
> we'll need to add
>
> MASTER_SITE_SOURCEFORGE_NEW+= \
>        http://${mirror}.dl.sourceforge.net/project/%SUBDIR%/
>
> with coresponding macro (SF -> SFNEW)
>
> and we'll have to add pretty complex MASTER_SITE_SUBDIR to each updated
> port from SF.
>
> Any comments?

I found the same problem when attempted to fetch the new files for
Ayttm. Also noticed that the files are missing on some mirrors. As a
workaround, I replaced "SF" in MASTER_SITES by

PORTNAME=       ayttm
PORTVERSION=    0.5.0.111
CATEGORIES=     net-im
.for mirror in nchc kent ufpr heanet switch puzzle osdn ovh
MASTER_SITES+=http://${mirror}.dl.sourceforge.net/project/ayttm/ayttm/${PORTVERSION:R}-${PORTVERSION:E}/
.endfor
DISTNAME=       ${PORTNAME}-${PORTVERSION:R}-${PORTVERSION:E}

--
My preferred quotation of Robert Louis Stevenson is "You cannot
make an omelette without breaking eggs". Not because I like the