apr-gdbm-db42 upgrade conflicting with libtool

Troy troy at twisted.net
Mon Aug 10 13:17:53 UTC 2009

David Southwell wrote:
>> Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

>>> This makes 100% sense.  I'm still betting that troy is having libtool
>>> issues too.
>>>
>> Guys,
>>
>> You were right. I am still having problems.  Just one point here. I am
>> running the amd64 kernel and I'm on 7.2 Stable.
>>
>> I deinstalled libtool and reinstalled it.  I am using python 2.5, I
>> deinstalled it and reinstalled it.
>>
>> These are the ports that are installed:
>> libtool-2.2.6a      Generic shared library support script
>>
>> pkg_info|grep python
>> boost-python-libs-1.39.0 Framework for interfacing Python and C++
>> python24-2.4.5_4    An interpreted object-oriented programming language
>> python25-2.5.4_2    An interpreted object-oriented programming language
>>

>> I then tried to install devel/apr and viola here are the problems below:
>>
>> checking for strings.h... yes
>> checking for inttypes.h... yes
>> checking for stdint.h... yes
>> checking for unistd.h... yes
>> checking minix/config.h usability... no
>> checking minix/config.h presence... no
>> checking for minix/config.h... no
>> checking whether it is safe to define __EXTENSIONS__... yes
>> checking for library containing strerror... none required
>> checking whether system uses EBCDIC... no
>> performing libtool configuration...
>> ./configure: 9753: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")
>> *** Error code 2
>>
>> Stop in /usr/ports/devel/apr.
>> *** Error code 1
>>
>> Stop in /usr/ports/devel/apr.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> -Troy
>>
> Can you please post output of pkg_info |grep py
> David

boost-python-libs-1.39.0 Framework for interfacing Python and C++
p5-Clone-0.31       Clone - recursively copy Perl datatypes
py25-dbus-0.83.0_1  Python bindings for the D-BUS messaging system
py25-elementtree-1.2.6_1 Container for hierarchical data structures
written in Pytho
py25-sip-4.8.2,1    Python to C and C++ bindings generator
py25-xml-0.8.4_2    PyXML: Python XML library enhancements
python24-2.4.5_4    An interpreted object-oriented programming language
python25-2.5.4_2    An interpreted object-oriented programming language
ruby18-bdb-0.6.5_1  Ruby interface to Sleepycat's Berkeley DB revision 2
or lat
xdpyinfo-1.0.3      Display information utility for X