portmaster -x not working?

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sat Aug 8 18:52:17 UTC 2009

Lawrence Stewart wrote:

> Today, I again had need of the ability to exclude multiple ports from an
> update run. It turns out your tip doesn't work with portmaster, though I
> suspect it would with portupgrade.

For now, if you need to exclude more than one port you can check the
man page about +IGNOREME files.

> Doug, what do you think of the attached patch?

I think it's interesting, but not quite how I would do it. I have
plans to rewrite the command line parser in order to accommodate this,
and make things easier to work with generally, so stay tuned.

Doug