Ports completely and permanently hosed

Lars Eighner portsuser at larseighner.com
Thu Aug 6 11:16:39 UTC 2009

Okay py25-cairo will not build with python26

But with python26 it won't build either.

py26-cairo will build with python26 and replaces py25-cairo

but x11-toolkits/py-gtk2 will not build with py26-cairo, but insists on
  py25-cairo which will not build with or without python26

I realize this stuff is put together by object-oriented people who aren't
really used to the expectation that stuff will, you know, actually work.

Would these things build if I deleted all 1619 installed packages and
started from scratch, or are the circular gotchas built-in with python
and qt?

--
Lars Eighner
http://www.larseighner.com/index.html