HEADS UP: GNOME 2.26 available for FreeBSD

Dmitry Morozovsky marck at rinet.ru
Sat Apr 18 15:16:07 UTC 2009

On Sat, 18 Apr 2009, Jeremy Messenger wrote:

JM> > (i have apache13
JM> > chase

JM> > gnome-user-share which

JM> > requiring apache22?
JM> > JMC>
JM> > JMC> Correct.  You could, of course, go through the meta-port, and remove
JM> > JMC> gnome-user-share on your own (i.e. build your own customized
JM> > meta-port).
JM> >
JM> > Well, would you object to the following quick fix?
JM>
JM> Wel.. I object. marcus also said that you only can do in your own system, so
JM> it means we don't want to add any option in x11/gnome2. We always turn down
JM> that kind of patch unless no choice for limit size to build packages in CD
JM> for the release.

I hope I understand your intentions, but this is not the first options for the
metaport, heh? ;-)

My main concern is that many my colleagues work on desktop systems which they
are using as sorta "personal websevers" too, not too resource hungry, hence
apache 1.3.  From the last upgrade the only way to achieve it on a single
machine is to split Gnome and apache to separate jails...

--
Sincerely,
[ FreeBSD committer:                                 marck at FreeBSD.org ]