ports/132800: vuxml submission for net-im/ejabberd

Mark Foster mark at foster.cc
Fri Apr 17 15:51:32 UTC 2009

I'm following up regarding this apparent maintainer timeout. It's not my
intention to place blame, but to me it is unacceptable that important
security (vuxml) updates are sometimes blocked by unresponsive
maintainers. It is not in the best interest of the users or FreeBSD to
let these things slip.

The vuxml updates should be reviewed & committed without waiting on the
maintainer of the port. Perhaps a simple non-blocking heads-up (Cc:) to
the maintainer is more appropriate. Once publicized, the security
notifications (via portaudit) become known to a wider, targetted
audience. This establishes an important feedback loop as opposed to
keeping the problem a "secret", since the users are more likely to
either nudge the maintainer for an update to the port or submit one (via
send-pr) themselves.

--
I hate rascists.
Mark D. Foster <mark at foster.cc>