HEADS UP: GNOME 2.26 available for FreeBSD

Dmitry Morozovsky marck at rinet.ru
Tue Apr 14 15:34:41 UTC 2009

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009, Michal Varga wrote:

MV> > Yes, seahorse shows me two keyrings; however, deleting "login" one does not fix
MV> > the situation: if in the Terminal I try to open tab which ssh's to outer host,
MV> > I immediately got the popup with
MV> >
MV> > "There was an error creating the child process for this terminal"
MV> >
MV> > nothing in this tab is started, and tab is just hanging.
MV> >
MV> Out of curiosity, unrelated to your issue - if this is about
MV> interactive ssh [shell] session, do you mean Gnome Terminal?
MV>
MV> I wasn't aware it can do anything on its own with ssh, normally I run
MV> the regular ssh client inside. How do you ssh directly from Gnome
MV> Terminal (if that's the one you mean) with gnome-keyring/seahorse
MV> capabilities?

Yes, it's Gnome Terminal, see $SUBJ ;-)

I just filled 'ssh -e none host' in execute command field.

Before upgrade to 2.26 everything is worked like a charm -- on a first external
connect, seahorse popup appears, asks me for a passphrase, and subsequent
external sessions works automagically.

--
Sincerely,
[ FreeBSD committer:                                 marck at FreeBSD.org ]