Gnucash-2.2.7_2 - 7.2 - Core dump

Thomas Hummel hummel at pasteur.fr
Sun Apr 12 21:58:17 UTC 2009

Hello,

I was running RELENG_7/amd64 and the gnucash-2.2.7_2 port. After the last
portupgrade (I usually portupgrade -a each day) few days ago, gnucash started
to launch but dumped core while trying to enter into an account.

For additionnal reasons (including a half completed perl5.10 upgrade), I
deleted all my installed ports and started again with packages (I know about
how violent it is, but I hadn't much time) : I kept my base, pkg_deleted
everything and pkg_added -r gnucash and xorg). At that moment, gnucash worked
again. Then I portsnaped fetch extract, portsnaped fetch update, then
portupgraded -a : gnucash dumped core again when accessing an account.

For again some other reasons, I started all over again (from Isos and pkg_add
-r) today. Now I'm running :

  FreeBSD  7.2-BETA1 FreeBSD 7.2-BETA1 #0: Tue Mar 31 16:24:35 UTC 2009     root at driscoll.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

gnucahh-2.2.7_2     Quicken-like money and finance manager
gnucash-docs-2.2.0_3 Documentation for gnucash

and gnucash is working again.

I re-portsnaped the port tree (fetch extract) and did a fetch update. Now
portversion -l "<" shows me :

atk                         <
dri                         <
freetype2                   <
gconf2                      <
gio-fam-backend             <
glib                        <
gnome-doc-utils             <
gnome-icon-theme            <
gnome-keyring               <
gnomehier                   <
gtk                         <
gtkhtml3                    <
gvfs                        <
hal                         <
iso-codes                   <
libGL                       <
libGLU                      <
libdrm                      <
libgnome                    <
libgnomecanvas              <
libsoup                     <
pango                       <
pcre                        <
pixman                      <
yelp                        <

I guess the upgrade of one or more of those packages (through portupgrade -a,
thus rebuilding needed dependencies) will make the gnucash core dump problem
occur again.

Any clue ?

Thanks

--