net-mgmt/nrpe(2)

Jarrod Sayers jarrod at netleader.com.au
Sat Apr 11 01:25:16 UTC 2009

On Sat, 11 Apr 2009, Frank Steinborn wrote:
> I want to propose that net-mgmt/nrpe2 gets net-mgmt/nrpe, and that the
> actual net-mgmt/nrpe port gets removed. I strongly doubt that there are
> still users of nrpe 1.

I have already had both net-mgmt/nagios12 and net-mgmt/nrpe marked for
deletion, both being scheduled for removal on or after the 17th (next
Friday).

See http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/132716.

> In the current situation, there are a lot of confusions: If you get nrpe
> from source, (version 2.12), it'll install check_nrpe and the nrpe
> deamon. If you use the one provided from ports, they are called
> check_nrpe2 and the daemon is called nrpe2.

Once the port has been removed this confusion should go away.  The reason
the FreeBSD ports build adds a 2 to the end of everything was to allow
parallel installs of the old and new clients so Nagios 2.x servers could
still communicate with NRPE 1.x hosts.

Jarrod.