Can I resume the perl upgrade?

Paul Schmehl pschmehl_lists at tx.rr.com
Fri Apr 10 18:20:31 UTC 2009

--On Friday, April 10, 2009 11:17:00 -0500 Paul Schmehl
<pschmehl_lists at tx.rr.com> wrote:

> According to /usr/ports/UPDATING, if you want to upgrade to perl5.10, you do
> the following:
>
> Portupgrade users:
>     0) Fix pkgdb.db (for safety):
>         pkgdb -Ff
>
>     1) Reinstall perl with new 5.10:
>         portupgrade -o lang/perl5.10 -f perl-5.8.\*
>
>     2) Reinstall everything that depends on Perl:
>         portupgrade -fr perl
>
> My machine got rebooted right in the middle of step 3.  Is there a way to
> resume where I left off?  Or do I just start over?

Let me rephrase.  I don't see a way in portupgrade to start over where I left
off.  However, pkg_info -R lang/perl* shows that all my ports depend on 5.10
and no ports are still depending upon 5.8.  Is it safe to assume that the
reboot happened after portupgrade had finished?

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst