squidguard and default blacklists in plist

Guido Falsi mad at madpilot.net
Thu Apr 9 12:27:02 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 09, 2009 at 01:44:17PM +0300, Peter Pentchev wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 09, 2009 at 11:45:45AM +0200, Guido Falsi wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm the maintainer of the www/squidguard port.
> >
> > Some time ago I have been asked to try not make the port remove the
> > blacklists when, after installing the default ones, they were modified
> > by the user.
> [snip]
> > I have few options at this point:
>
> The usual approach is to install them as .dist or .sample or something
> like that, copy them with their real names, and only remove the "real"
> ones if they are the same as the sample ones.  This involes several
> steps:
[...]

I see, but, my mistake, I did not explain an important detail of
the prblem: the sample files are really a whole hierarchy with files
being compiled to bdb files in it. Should I install the whole
hierarchy with a .sample name and work as usuale with the files
inside?

Is this acceptable? I understood it was not.

--
Guido Falsi <mad at madpilot.net>