How do I tell what arguments were given to configure?

Steve Polyack korvus at comcast.net
Mon Apr 6 20:42:34 UTC 2009

Paul Hoffman wrote:
> Greetings again. I am trying to trace down a bug that I think is happening in a port. I have captured the output of "make", but I don't see in it what arguments are being given to the port's "configure" script. Where do I find that?

You can either examine the port's Makefile to determine what options it
passes to the configure script, or you can check config.log in the work
directory:

[/usr/ports/lang/php5/work/php-5.2.9]$ head config.log | grep ./configure
  $ ./configure --with-layout=GNU
--with-config-file-scan-dir=/usr/local/etc/php --disable-all
--enable-libxml --with-libxml-dir=/usr/local --enable-reflection
--program-prefix= --disable-cgi --with-regex=php --with-zend-vm=CALL
--prefix=/usr/local --mandir=/usr/local/man --infodir=/usr/local/info/
--build=i386-portbld-freebsd7.1