OPTIONS handling doesn't seem to work fully in dependencies anymore

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Thu Sep 18 18:34:54 UTC 2008

On Thursday 18 September 2008 04:51:11 am Alex Dupre wrote:
> John Baldwin ha scritto:
> > It used to work.
>
> I was thinking the same thing, but actually it never worked in that way.

Trust me, since I rebuild from scratch all the time, I quite remember when
options were first added and I'd kick off a build of kde or some such
overnight and check my screen session in the morning only find it hadn't
build hardly anything b/c it had popped up the option screen for gettext. :)

> > I was just guessing about how it might not be working now
> > based on reading the existing logic.  I have not delved into the history
> > see what has changed.
>
> The attached patch should solve this erratic behavior.

I wonder why it has to be this hackish btw.  Could config-conditional simply
be in the list of targets before 'fetch' or some such?

--
John Baldwin