Evince 2.22.2_3: "Unhandled MIME type: “application/pdf”"

sergio lenzi lenzi at k1.com.br
Wed Sep 17 13:26:21 UTC 2008

Em Qua, 2008-09-17 às 14:56 +0200, Mark Evenson escreveu:

> Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> > On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 09:57:03 -0500, Mark Evenson <mark.evenson at gmx.at>
> > wrote:

> [...]
>
> > Have you guys follow in /usr/ports/UPDATING?
>
> Which entry?  Grep'ing for 'evince' doesn't show anything.
>
> On additional nosing around, it seems that GNOME (at least Nautilus) has
> lost the notion of MIME types altogether.
>
> Is there a command-line equivalent to magic(1) for GNOME to show what
> GNOME thinks the underlying MIME type consists of?

seems that your mime database is corrupted/altered....
the command: "update-mime-database"  (root user) should fix it (in a
global basis)
if not, your local mime database is corrupted....
as a last help,
1) save evolution by making a backup of it (in the evolution file tab)
2) rename your user directory to anoter one
3) log out, in again
4) move your directories files (documents....)
5) restore evolution from backup...

restore your background image...   panel icons...
sure works ....