FreeBSD Port: linuxpluginwrapper-20051113_8

Norikatsu Shigemura nork at FreeBSD.org
Sat Sep 13 14:51:43 UTC 2008

On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 11:23:37 +1000
Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy at optushome.com.au> wrote:
> On 2008-Sep-12 22:00:49 -0300, "Carlos A. M. dos Santos" <unixmania at gmail.com> wrote:
> >I think www/nspluginwrapper is the best choice these days, since
> >linuxpluginwrapper seems to be an abandoned project.
> Unfortunately, nspluginwrapper is not a general replacement for
> linuxpluginwrapper - it is missing most of linuxpluginwrapper's

	Recentry, wine is good solution for using Flash.

> functionality.  nork@ also appears to be MIA - he hasn't responded to
> any of the other threads on linuxpluginwrapper being broken.  For my
> specific requirements (running pips), I managed to hack a work-around
> but I don't believe it's committable.

	I don't have any idea to fix LPW.

	1. Because linux-flash is too unstable, so I don't know weither
	   LPW is wrong or linux-flash is wrong.

	2. By multiple weak symbols solution issue(undefined/unstable
	   resolve weak symbols), I can't hook some important functions
	   like dl*(4).  I'm thinking merging to libc to fix, but I don't
	   have any evidence that it's true.  This issue is critical by
	   ELF Symbol Versioning.

	3. I think that LPW's solution is quite good solution, but it's
	   too hard solution:-).  Maybe, all glibc functions should be
	   hooked, and hack for some macros like getc:-(.