FreeBSD Port: clamav-0.93.3

Adrian Wontroba aw1 at stade.co.uk
Fri Sep 12 01:57:21 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 09:43:07AM -0400, Gerard wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 15:09:59 +0300
> "Roman Evstignejev" <romane at smpbank.lv> wrote:
> > Why it takes so long time to release new port after Clamav team
> > released 0.94 version?
> > I know there is a patch in INternet to patch existing port, but i will
> > wait new port release.
> It probably has something to do with the 'ports freeze' presently in
> effect. You would probably be better served by contacting the port
> maintainer directly; i.e., garga at FreeBSD.org as well as reading the
> information available on the FreeBSD site.

However, the patch (see
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/127122 ) does work. You
may want to edit pkg-plist to cater for the library version bump (.4 ->
.5). I've just updated one system to 0.94.

Be aware that the PR indicates that there may be problems with dependant
ports, and these won't be resolved until after the freeze.

--
Adrian Wontroba