Mail services checking - URGENT

David Southwell david at vizion2000.net
Mon Sep 8 13:18:29 UTC 2008

On Monday 08 September 2008 06:07:26 Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 05:10:27AM -0700, David Southwell wrote:
> > I have had a series of attacks on a system which resulted in a hijack of
> > our mail system.
>
> Also, one other point I forgot to make:
>
> This **should not** have gone to freebsd-ports, as the issue has
> absolutely nothing to do with ports.
>
> This should have gone to freebsd-isp, freebsd-security, or possibly
> freebsd-questions.

I am sure you are right.. I was just hoping there might have been a port which
would do something like..

trap all outgoing mail from the server - irrespective of the mta pas it
through a filer and dump it in a file until you have had a chance to inspect
it. Bearing in mind mail can come from multiple sources such a port would
have been useful.

Apologies for generating too much traffic

david