proposed patch for sqlite3 (and sqlitejdbc new port)

Lapo Luchini lapo at lapo.it
Thu Sep 4 16:23:16 UTC 2008

Some time ago I proposed a little patch for sqlite3 (ports/125004) and a
new port for sqlitejdbc (ports/124905), a JDBC driver for sqlite3.

The proposed patch is basically a tradeoff between some (little)
overhead in memory footprint for a new functionality that could enable
sqlitejdbc (and possibly other sqlite "wrappers") to use the sqlite3
port with no problems.

The memory overhead seems tiny to me, but I'm not an embedded expert,
so… anyone has comments on it?

Should the patch land in this guise (default-on)?
Or maybe in default-off?

If interested, read the PRs, as the proposal is explained in greater
detail there.

--
Lapo Luchini - http://lapo.it/

“If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we
can solve them.” (Isaac Asimov)