nVidia driver update today: renders X11 unusable

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Tue Sep 2 15:09:37 UTC 2008

on 02/09/2008 17:28 O. Hartmann said the following:
> Andriy Gapon wrote:
>> Question to those having this problem - what kind of nVidia hardware do
>> you have?
>> Is that something that is based on G80 GPU or later (GeForce 8XXX or
>> later)?
>> I see that there is already version 2.1.12 of nv driver (in xorg
>> repository) that is supposed to fix CPUToScreenColorExpandFill function
>> for G80 cards.

I decided to change mailing list from -stable to -x11 and -ports,
because those seem to be more relevant to the issue.

> Well,
> the problems I have are related to a nv8600GTS based board, this is, as
[snip]
> How can I selectively 'downgrade' a port?

Someone already suggested portupgrade -fPP that would downgrade the port
to the latest version available through packages.
You can also try ports-mgmt/portdowngrade.

But I hope that our port would be upgraded to 2.1.12 promptly and that
that upgrade would help you with the problem introduced in 2.1.11.

--
Andriy Gapon