ports missing their packages.

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Wed Oct 29 15:22:37 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 05:55:20AM -0700, mdh wrote:
> email the FreeBSD Foundation and find out how much cash it'd take for
> additional hardware to make that a reality, then send them that much cash.

We are actually set up ok on amd64 machines right now (incremental
package builds take just over a day).   We are in the process of adding
some more i386 machines (it is a matter of configuration; however, most
of these are not really powerful machines).  This should help get the
incremental builds down from 3-4 days to 2-3 days.

We also have some sparc64 machines that are on loan to us, which I am
also in the process of configuration, but these are only UltraSPARC-II
machines.  There seems to be some work going on right now to get us
running on US-III machines; if so, then it would be handy to get some of
them.  In the meantime, sparc64 package builds take more than 2 weeks :-(

mcl