Q: Is there any use for Oracle database port installation under Linux compat root ?

Thierry Thomas thierry at FreeBSD.org
Tue Oct 21 21:45:08 UTC 2008

Le Mar 21 oct 08 à 22:09:44 +0200, martinko <gamato at users.sf.net>
 écrivait :

> Hi,

Hello,

> No Oracle installation I have ever seen was installed into /home and it
> would be against Oracle Optimal Flexible Architecture (OFA) guidelines!

Agreed.

> /usr/local/oracle would be OK and users can move the directory tree
> elsewhere afterwards.  Or maybe you can ask about Oracle Base directory
> during config/installation process, if possible.

I would suggest to install under $ORACLE_HOME, defaulted to:

ORACLE_HOME?=   ${PREFIX}/oracle

(or may be ${PREFIX}/oracle${VERSION} to allow the installation of
different versions)

Regards,
--
Th. Thomas.