Xorg - minimal

Freddie Cash fjwcash at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 15:53:46 UTC 2008

On October 17, 2008 07:32 am Eitan Adler wrote:
> Here is the list I generated from pkg_info when I was first able to run
> the X server. If anyone is able to run "startx" with fewer ports please
> let me know.
>
> How can I handle the video drivers?  Not all systems need all drivers.
> I don't want to depend on xorg-drivers, however you can't get X to
> start without a video driver.  Can some kind of check be done in the
> Makefile?

At the very least, you should include the VESA driver:
 x11-drivers/xf86-video-vesa

That will allow the user to get a working video output.  After that, they
can determine which specific driver they need and install it manually.

Note:  your system has the nvidia driver (xf86-video-nv) installed.
--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash at gmail.com