FreeBSD Port: mercurial-1.0.2

Stanislav Sedov stas at FreeBSD.org
Sun Oct 12 21:02:58 UTC 2008

On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 10:08:43 +0700
John Francis Lee <jfl at robinlea.com> mentioned:

> Hi Roberto,
>
> I have
>   Mercurial Distributed SCM (version 1.0.1)
> installed on my FreeBSD host at verio.net and it seems to be working ok.
>
> But I am having trouble with the webinterface
>   http:/www.uspvp.org/hg
>
> I guess my problems are due to files not being where expected. I can't
> find the mercurial files on FreeBSD. The tutorials I read all assume
> linux or windows underneath the mercurial and I'm guessing that that is
> my problem.
>
> How can I discover the directory structure for my mercurial installation?
>
> How should I update the port of mercurial to the FreeBSD operating system?

What file paths are speaking of? Hgweb CGI scripts contains a hardcoded
path to the repository so you should tweak it to match you installation.
Try looking into hgweb.cgi and it should be clear what to fix. By default
it contains a dummy path.

If you are using a hgwebdir version you should create a config file
(there're a plenty of examples in documentation) and put it near the
cgi scripts itself.

--
Stanislav Sedov
ST4096-RIPE