multimedia/xvid

Michel Talon talon at lpthe.jussieu.fr
Sat Oct 11 07:37:43 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 10:11:35PM -0300, Carlos A. M. dos Santos wrote:

> Standard questions:
>
> 1. O which architectures did you test this?

On a P4 HTT. I can test that on an Athlon T Bird and a Core 2 Duo
in 386 mode, but i don't have access to an amd64 machine running
FreeBSD, and of course other architectures. The assembly files in
question contain MMX,SSE and SSE2 instructions so apply only to
such processors.

> 2. Did you send a PR?

No

> 3. The port currently has no maintainer. Would you like to take it? :-)

I have no problem taking it, on the other hand the required modification
is minimal. I have checked on the xvid site that there is no more recent
version.

--

Michel TALON