ports/126853: ports-mgmt/portaudit: speed up audit of installed packages

Eygene Ryabinkin rea-fbsd at codelabs.ru
Mon Oct 6 12:22:19 UTC 2008

Mel,

Mon, Oct 06, 2008 at 01:07:51PM +0200, Mel wrote:
> On Monday 06 October 2008 12:28:48 Eygene Ryabinkin wrote:
> Once you have the origin of the port, you can:
> - make -C $PORTSDIR/$origin -V PKGNAME
> - get the matching origin(s) out of ${INDEXDIR}/${INDEXFILE}
> - get the matching origin(s) out of a downloaded INDEX.bz2
>
> This covers the majority of cases.
>
> What portaudit lacks, is providing the origin along with the installed package
> name in easily parseable format. So, a central server wanting to query all
> the machines for vulnerable packages, now has to do an extra step of going
> into $PKG_DBDIR/$pkgname/+CONTENTS and getting the @comment ORIGIN: line,
> while (port|pkg_)audit has just been there.
>
> This would be something I'd expect:
> ssh clientmachine "/usr/sbin/pkg_audit -l"
> foo-1.2,3:misc/foo
> bar-4.5_6:devel/bar

OK, got it.  There is one neat: pkg_audit should be feeded with the
contents of the auditfile and the latter is located in the tar archive.
So, if you wouldn't mind about the following sequence
-----
tar xf /var/db/portaudit/auditfile.tbz
pkg_audit < auditfile | portaudit-checknew -o | cut -d '|' -f1,4,5
-----
then I can add the flag '-o' to the portaudit-checknew: it will
additionally output the port origin along with the new version.

Is that what you meant?
--
Eygene