Only in OpenOffice.org-2.4, I'm having es_ES deadkey problems.

eculp eculp at encontacto.net
Fri Nov 28 05:36:41 PST 2008

I'm not sure when this started because I almost never open MS type
docs and when I do it is only to read them.  Yesterday I found out,
quite by accident, that everyone in our offices, is unable to use the
deadkey accents for á é í ó ú etc but the ñ works fine so it seems to
be limited to the dead keys.  I'm writing this in KDE ( all deadkeys
work as expected in all kde apps) in term windows, even in ttyv[0.7]
so it seems to be 100% openoffice centric.

The Spanish spell check works fine and a cut and paste of an accented
vowel works fine ( the current local work around).

Has anyone else seen this and found a configuration or build option
that I'm missing?  Should I open a PR?  I did try OpenOffice.org-3 and
the same problem plus I didn't see an obvious way to download the
spelling wizard with it so I blew it away.

Thanks,

ed