How do conditionalize plist on $NOPORTDOCS

Wesley Shields wxs at FreeBSD.org
Tue Nov 18 10:36:25 PST 2008

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 01:30:33PM -0500, Martin Cracauer wrote:

> > > "They" == kind of me, although I didn't build these particular
> > > binaries.
> > >
> > > Is there prior art in ports about how to do this? What do I do with
> > > oddball version numbers?
> >
> > Perhaps you can conditionalize the DISTNAME based on the FreeBSD version
> > number, as shown on this page:
> > http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/freebsd-versions.html?
> >
> > If you do that, just make sure that the distinfo file has an entry for
> > each possible DISTNAME value, so the checksum verification will work on
> > any FreeBSD version.
>
> So what happens when a user runs FreeBSD-6, installs such a port,
> then upgrades to FreeBSD-7.
>
> Would the port for the installed package come up with the wrong plist
> and whatnot?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're asking but if the port installs
different files based upon the version it's being installed on it should
use PLIST_SUB accordingly.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/plist.html

-- WXS