Problems building ports - Error code 2 when attempting to cd

Boris Samorodov bsam at ipt.ru
Wed Nov 5 22:24:29 PST 2008

"Scott Ullrich" <sullrich at gmail.com> writes:
> On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 9:09 PM, Jeremy Chadwick <koitsu at freebsd.org> wrote:

>> Does the problem happen outside of the jail?
> Unfortunately it does from time to time even with -j1

According to make(1) "-j1" is not the same as if "-j" is not defined.
I'd try either remove "-j1" or add "-B" option:
-----
     −B      Try to be backwards compatible by executing a single shell per
             command and by executing the commands to make the sources of a
             dependency line in sequence.  This is turned on by default unless
             −j is used.
     −j max_jobs
             Specify the maximum number of jobs that make may have running at
             any one time.  Turns compatibility mode off, unless the −B flag
             is also specified.
-----

HTH & WBR
--