pkg_delete: package 'libvorbis-1.2.0,3' doesn't have a prefix

Paul Chvostek paul at it.ca
Wed May 28 14:00:15 UTC 2008

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 07:46:05AM -0400, Dan Langille wrote:

> On May 28, 2008, at 6:10 AM, Andrew Pantyukhin wrote:
>
> >On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 10:23:51PM -0400, Dan Langille wrote:
> >>Can you tell me why this portupgrade fails?
> >>
> >>creating seeking_example
> >>Making all in vq
> >>--->  Backing up the old version
> >>tar: +COMMENT: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
> >>tar: +DESC: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
> >>tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors.
> >
> >Because you lost a couple of files in /var/db/pkg?
>
> A poor question on my part.
>
> How can I make this portupgrade succeed?

If the problem is only that those two files are missing from
/var/db/pkg/*/, you can likely just touch(1) them and be on your way.

If other files are missing, you're in a little more trouble, but I've
gotten out of this simply by installing the port manually with a
FORCE_PKG_REGISTER.  That is, force a reinstall without using
portupgrade:

# cd /usr/ports/foo/bar
# make all install clean FORCE_PKG_REGISTER=1
# pkgdb -F
# portupgrade -fRr bar-0.0

The last step is to clean up dependencies, and may not be required.

  Paul Chvostek                                             <paul at it.ca>