dtrace and xorg-server problem on -current

Jiawei Ye leafy7382 at gmail.com
Mon May 26 15:50:35 UTC 2008

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 11:13 PM, Alexey Shuvaev <
shuvaev at physik.uni-wuerzburg.de> wrote:

> On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 10:49:51PM +0800, Jiawei Ye wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I get this weird building problem with xorg-server on -current with
> dtrace:
> >
> > creating libxpstubs.la
> > (cd .libs && rm -f libxpstubs.la && ln -s ../libxpstubs.la libxpstubs.la
> )
> > /usr/sbin/dtrace -G -C -o dtrace-dix.o -s ../dix/Xserver.d .libs/*.o
> > dtrace: failed to compile script ../dix/Xserver.d:
> > "/usr/lib/dtrace/psinfo.d", line 37: syntax error near "uid_t"
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > Something I've missed here?
> >
> > Jiawei
> >
> Hello!
>
> Please, have a look at a small thread:
> "http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2008-May/085584.html"
> "http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2008-May/085598.html"
> "http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2008-May/085602.html"
>
> In my case the problem was in some old binaries not being swept out
> after I have tried John Birrel's dtrace enabled snapshot in february.
> Check you system (for examlpe "ll /usr/sbin/dtrace" and etc.).
>
> If your system is really up-to-date and the problem is caused by the
> very recent dtrace import, then try the following patch to the
> x11-servers/xorg-server/Makefile.
>
> Alexey.

ok, I've confirmed that /usr/sbin/dtrace is the latest and tried your patch,
everything works now.
Thanks,

Jiawei

--
"If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then to
the end user it's a duck, and end users have made it pretty clear they want