webmin

Sahil Tandon sahil at tandon.net
Sat May 24 08:24:04 UTC 2008

* Brian <bri at brianwhalen.net> [05-23-2008]:

> I tried to install the above and got the permission denied errors noted at
> the bottom, and don't seem to have a server running on the designated port
> I decided on.  Is this bug ports/110536 still unfixed?

According to the author of webmin, you can safely ignore the permission
denied error.  But out of curiosity, do you have apache installed?  The
post-install script calls a series of other Perl scripts, one of which is
apache-lib.pl.  If httpd cannot be found, there is a permission denied error;
if httpd *does* exist, the error does not appear.

Did you webmin_enable="YES" in your /etc/rc.conf and run the rc.d script to
start it?  The install script does not automatically start webmin because
nostart="yes" in setup.sh.

--
Sahil Tandon <sahil at tandon.net>