net-snmp5.4.x unusable, PR times out, what should I do next?

Helmut Schneider jumper99 at gmx.de
Fri May 23 11:17:44 UTC 2008

Hi,

first of all I fully understand that all ports are maintained by volunteers.
I also appreciate their work very much.

net-snmp5.4.x is (only for me?!) unusable. Some OIDs don't exist anymore,
some OIDs report wrong values. I tried to bypass those problems by still
using net-snmp5.3.x (which still is fine) but more and more ports depend on
5.4.

I already sent mails to the maintainer and created a PR (ports/123276,
ports/122263) but both timed out.

I don't blame anyone, I'm sure all of the maintainers have a lot of things
to. Rather I would like to know what I should do/can do next. As I'm using
snmp with cacti and nagios to monitor some systems I rely on snmp a bit. I'm
not able to fix those things myself so I feel a bit lost.

Thanks, Helmut