Why no MovableType port?

Jeffrey Goldberg jeffrey at goldmark.org
Thu May 22 17:57:33 UTC 2008

I wanted to start playing with MovableType and was surprised that
there is no port for it.  Of course I'm talking about the Open Source
version.

If this were some obscure bit of software that few people had an
interested in running, I would expect the answer to my question to be
something like "because you haven't made a port for it yet".

Now I should point out that I've only written one port in life (and it
was very simple one for a perl module).  I should also point out that
I am unfamiliar with MovableType or any other web CMS.  So other than
the fact that I wanted to evaluate MovableType, I consider myself not
really in a position to produce a port.

I was wondering if people have tried and failed to produce port for
this, or whether someone is working on it, or whether there is some
licensing difficulty that I'm unaware of.

Cheers,

-j