hier 7 question

Marc Spitzer mspitzer at gmail.com
Wed May 21 23:48:42 UTC 2008

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 9:31 PM, Brooks Davis <brooks at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 08:20:03PM -0400, Marc Spitzer wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am porting ATF, http://www.netbsd.org/~jmmv/atf/, a unit testing
>> framework for C, C++ and Shell.  The thing is is that it installs a
>> bunch of self tests in ${PREFIX}/tests/atf.  Is this the right place
>> for it?  From Hier(7) binaries should not go under share/.  Otherwise
>> I think it is done.  Personally I think the tests/port could be a
>> handy thing to have.  What is your opinion/advice on this?
>
> libexec/ seems like it might be the right place.

Forgive me for an ignorant question but assuming I can not figure out
how to add a knob onto the configure script,  what would be the proper
way to move the files under libexec?  I could just move ${PREFIX}/test
to ${PREFIX}/libexec but that seems extra hackish.  I do not want a
solution but a pointer would be nice.

Thanks,

marc

--
Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better.
Albert Camus