Makefile/man page problem

Marc Spitzer mspitzer at gmail.com
Tue May 20 01:33:35 UTC 2008

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 5:53 AM, Florent Thoumie <flz at xbsd.org> wrote:
> On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 8:23 AM, Marc Spitzer <mspitzer at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am having a problem with installing/deinstalling man pages of a port
>> I am working on, atf if interested.  They are not being compressed on
>> install and when I denistall the port I get error messages as follows:
>>

>> pkg_delete: file '/var/tmp/atf/man/man3/atf-c++/atf-c++-api.3.gz' doesn't exist
>> pkg_delete: file '/var/tmp/atf/man/man3/atf-c/atf-c-api.3.gz' doesn't exist
>> pkg_delete: file '/var/tmp/atf/man/man3/atf-sh/atf-sh-api.3.gz' doesn't exist
>> pkg_delete: file '/var/tmp/atf/man/man4/doc/atf-test-case.4.gz' doesn't exist
>> pkg_delete: couldn't entirely delete package (perhaps the packing list is
>
> $ find man -type f | head -5
> man/man1/atf-test-program.1
> man/man1/atf-config.1
> man/man1/atf-cleanup.1
> man/man1/atf-compile.1
> man/man1/atf-exec.1
>
> You need to set MAN1= atf-test-program.1 atf-config.1 ..., this is
> relative to MAN1DIR, not WRKSRC.

ok that is fixed, it is still not compressing the man pages though.
If I comment out the "MANCOMPRESSED=yes" things work with out issue
and oddly enough it compresses the man pages as well.

> Also, by default ATF_SHELL is set to /usr/local/bin/bash so you need
> to add shells/bash as a dependency if setting it to /bin/sh isn't good
> enough.

I ran the checks in a vm that does not have bash installed and
everything passed.  But I will set it to /bin/sh.

Thank you,

marc
--
Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better.
Albert Camus