Gnash 0.8.2

Dmitry Marakasov amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru
Sun May 18 23:05:31 UTC 2008

* Carlos A. M. dos Santos (unixmania at gmail.com) wrote:

> Yes, OpenGL renderer seems to be broken on 0.8.2. I attempted to use
> it but got much better results using AGG. I believe that it should be
> classified as experimental, like the Cairo renderer is.
Maybe, but it worked pretty good in 0.8.1 (no artifacts like with
cairo) and it was much faster. Gotta get some gdb traces and contact
gnash devs...

> > So, as I don't know many flash-enabled sites, I will be happy to
> > listen for your opinions on 0.8.1 vs 0.8.2. graphics/gnash-devel
> > port with recent CVS snapshot will be added without question, so
> > given that graphics/gnash may be left at 0.8.1 for now if upgrade
> > to 0.8.2 brings less than it takes.
> Both 0.8.2 and devel versions successfully render videos of some sites
> where 0.8.1 failed when I tested. This one, for example:
Uh huh, after closer examination I've noticed some improvements both in
0.8.1 -> 0.8.2 and 0.8.2 -> snapshot. No regressions actually besides
OpenGL support.

> I noticed that video rendering lags behind audio with 0.8.2 and devel.
> It seems that video rendering with AGG is not fast enough, so I will
> try to improve the performance by trimming some compilation
> parameters.
Was an issue from beyond 0.8.1 afair. Switching to OpenGL helped more or
less.

Anyway, both 0.8.2 update and gnash-devel are submitted (ports/123708
and ports/123744 respectively), so it's only days before miwi commits
them. Enjoy ;)

Dmitry A. Marakasov    | jabber: amdmi3 at jabber.ru
amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru       | http://www.amdmi3.ru