Gconf_schemas...

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Thu May 15 20:45:09 UTC 2008

On Thu, 15 May 2008 15:06:29 -0500, Anders Trobäck <freebsd at troback.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm a maintainer of science/gramps. The port is using schemas and in
> the the Makefile I have GCONF_SCHEMAS=gramps.schemas.
>
> I'm now working on a upgrade of the port. The latest version of
> the program installs the schema file
> as /usr/local/share/mime/packages/gramps.schemas.
>
> Is it OK to let the program put the file there?

It's not ok and is a bug. More like copy-n-paste error by upstream, so you
should file a bug report.

> If yes, should I stop using GCONF_SCHEMAS and just add the file to
> pkg-plist as a normal file?
>
> If no, how do I resolve this?

Normal, it should be use GCONF_SCHEMA_FILE_DIR like this:

schemasdir = $(GCONF_SCHEMA_FILE_DIR)

Most of time, the schemas files are in ${WRKSRC}/ or ${WRKSRC}/data/ (more
like data), so add a patch for data/Makefile.in.

Cheers,
Mezz

> Thanks for your time!
>

> Regards,