gizmo: linux libgconf

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Tue May 13 21:33:49 UTC 2008

On May 13, 2008, at 3:17 PM, Andriy Gapon wrote:

> [this is something similar to skype but SIP based]

So you can use *any* SIP client with gizmo for voice, and for chat,
any suitable XMPP (jabber) client.  They even give you instructions on
what server settings to use to tie into their service.

Personally, I use a gizmo account with a dial-in number and a SIP
adapter to a regular touch-tone phone, and my family doesn't even know
they're using a VOIP line.

The Gizmo client itself I find of little use other than to check call
history and account balance, but that works on the web too, just not
as nicely.