Qpopper 4.0.12

Doug Hardie bc979 at lafn.org
Wed May 7 08:47:33 UTC 2008

Qpopper 4.0.12 has recently been released.  However there are a few
bugs in that version.  It can be made to work, but it requires
altering the format of the config file.  I have been working with the
qpopper developers to get those fixed and a new config file parser has
been created that will properly parse the file is going to be
incorporated into 4.1.x.  Apparently there will be a 4.0.13 that backs
out the changes in .12 that are causing most of the problems.

4.0.12/13 does not incorporate any significant updates or changes.  In
addition, the IPv6 patches have not yet been tested.  My thoughts are
to not update the qpopper port until 4.1.x is released which will have
the problems resolved as well as incorporate IPv6.  If this is a
problem for anyone, please let me know.