Port Submission Etiquette

Sahil Tandon sahil at tandon.net
Wed May 7 01:09:11 UTC 2008

I would like to submit a new port which "RUN_DEPENDS" another port; the
latter did not exist in the tree, so I submitted it (ports/123382) on May 4.
I fully appreciate the committers' various responsibilities and time
constraints, so this is not a 'hey, what's taking you so long' query.  Since
this was my first submission, I am just trying to get a sense of proper
etiquette.  Is it bad form to email the committer who took responsibility of
the PR asking whether I've made a glaring mistake which would be fixable via
a follow-up?  Or should I simply wait for a "feedback" request if that were
the case?

Thanks.

--
Sahil Tandon <sahil at tandon.net>