Unable to build abiword

Gerard gerard at seibercom.net
Sun Mar 30 12:19:42 PDT 2008

On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 13:27:45 -0400
Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at marcuscom.com> wrote:

[snip]

> It looks like you've installed a 7.X or 8.X compiler package.  What is
> your PATH?  In any event, you need to
> remove /usr/local/lib/libgcc_s.so.1, and the package that installed
> it.

I have never actively installed any compiler packages, although I guess
some port might have brought it in. The 'libgcc_s.so.1' file is located
in the '/usr/local/lib' directory. I have not been able to discover
what package placed it there. 'pkg_info -W' has not revealed anything.

Are you sure that deleting this file will not screw up my system? I am
thinking of simply moving it. It is linked to:
'/usr/compat/linux/lib/libgcc_s.so.1'.

--
Gerard
gerard at seibercom.net

A cynic is a person searching for an honest man, with a stolen lantern.

	Edgar A. Shoaff