error installing linux emulator- linux_base-fc6-6_5 linuxulator is not (kld)loaded.

Sat Mar 29 09:14:44 PDT 2008

Quoting Boris Samorodov <bsam at ipt.ru> (Sat, 29 Mar 2008 16:19:02 +0300):

> On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 12:56:15 +0100 Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> > Quoting Beech Rintoul <beech at freebsd.org> (Fri, 28 Mar 2008 17:04:08 -0800):
>
> > > If you had read UPDATING you would see to do:
> > >
> > > sysctl compat.linux.osrelease=2.6.16
> > >
> > > Add:
> > >
> > > compat.linux.osrelease=2.6.16 to /etc/sysctl.conf
>
> > That's only half of the solution, he also needs to override the default
> > setting in make.conf to not get into dependency trouble. Ideally this
> > information is also available in UPDATING...
>
> Alexander, did you mean "this information should be available..."
> or "this information is already available..."? I'd say that the latter
> is the right one. It is documented at the record "20070327: AFFECTS:
> users of emulators/linux_base-fc6".

Something in between. I know that it is documented for fc6. But if the
user looks at other places, it may not be documented (depending on the
age of the ports tree).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
If you do not want to get beeps in X11 (X Windows), you can turn them off with

	xset b off