rsync 3.0.0 Bug + Fix

Jeff Royle lists at qwirky.net
Fri Mar 28 06:01:17 PDT 2008

Emanuel Haupt wrote:

>>> There will be a bugfix release soon:
>>> http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/src-previews/rsync-3.0.1pre1-NEWS
>>>
>>> I'll commit an update as soon as it's released.
>>>
>>> Emanuel
>> Thanks for the update Emanuel.
>>
>> It's funny, I never really considered how much I do with rsync before
>> this, turns out I do a hell of a lot ;-)
>
> Please feel free to test the current preview release, however I'll wait
> for the final release to update the port:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~ehaupt/patches/rsync-3.0.1pre1.patch
>
> Emanuel

Looks good Emanuel.

I have patched a few systems and have been running some manual tests.

No issues noted between older versions and the new pre-release.  No
issues noted between pre-release server and older versions.   The iconv
error in the logs is solved and no issues noted with --append.

Cheers,

Jeff