FreeBSD Port: MailScanner-4.67.6

Johan Hendriks Johan at double-l.nl
Thu Mar 27 07:18:06 PDT 2008

>Hi,

>It seems that the latest p5-Mail-Tools in the ports tree causes a
>problem with MailScanner.  This has, apparently, been documented in
many
>Linux distros as well.  I'm not sure if it's a problem with MailScanner
>or with the perl module.  However, I couldn't get it to run until I
went
>to the previous version of p5-Mail-Tools 1.77.  Then, it ran just fine.

>I was on FreeBSD 6.2 - p2.

>Thank you,

>Paul Pathiakis

Well with the version 4.64.4 i had that problem, i could not update
p5-Mail-Tools to 2.02
Now with version 4.67.6 it works just fine.
Also make sure you have devel/p5-IO installed, It is needed now by
MailScanner.
It was not in the ports for some time but i send a pr and p5-IO is added
to the build of MailScanner now

Regards,
Johan Hendriks